Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How do I update my bios?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Sayzak

Sayzak

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:19 AM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:05 PM

I don't understand this. I'm new to this kind of stuff.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,562 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:19 AM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:26 PM

What makes you think...that you want to update your BIOS, considering that you don't know how?

Where did that idea come from? What would you be trying to gain?

System manufacturer and model? If custom-built, motherboard manufacturer and model?

Louis

#3 Sayzak

Sayzak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2009 - 02:36 PM

Well its acting really weird. My motherboard is asus p5b vm (a friend custom built my computer for me and I paid him for it, so I don't know about this stuff).

I made another thread in this forum explaining, as well as I could, what is going wrong.

#4 Sayzak

Sayzak
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 04:11 PM

:thumbsup:

#5 Moby Purple

Moby Purple

• Members
  • 97 posts
  •  

Posted 06 September 2009 - 05:55 PM

Don't upgrade the BIOS UNLESS - you can find a BIOS upgrade for your motherboard at the manufacturer's web site that specifically addresses the problem you are having. Otherwise, you are wasting your time and inviting further potential problems.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users