Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

what goes?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 sallyb

sallyb

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:35 PM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:49 PM

GOOVIOUS:Been out of town for a few days. But last night got back on top of this problem(per my thread) and downloaded the log from HT where you indicated.Today I cant find the log I posted....and I cant seem to continue on with old thread by posting to it. What gives??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 KoanYorel

KoanYorel

Bleepin' Conundrum

• Members
  • 19,461 posts
  •  
  • Location:65 miles due East of the "Logic Free Zone", in Md, USA
  • Local time:01:35 PM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:58 PM

Hi sallbyb,

Your HJT log is here > http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/ind...=0&#entry145095
The only easy day was yesterday.

...some do, some don't; some will, some won't (WR)

#3 Scarlett

Scarlett

Bleeping Diva

• Members
  • 7,479 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2005 - 09:07 PM

In reference to you not being able to find a previous post. If you would just click on you name. Where ever you see it. It will bring up your profile. Just under your name, you will see:

Find all posts by this member

Also if you click on My Control panel once there, you will see on the left hand side of the page.

Subscriptions & Topics
View Topics
View Forums
Unanswered Topics (30 days)
Participating Topics (7 Days)
Participating Topics (30 Days)
Participating Topics (All)

Plus, there is an option for e-mail replies. Weather or not you start the topic. Or are replying to one. It is just under the text box, wher you type your post's.

Enable emoticons?
Enable signature?
Enable email notification of replies?

I hope this helps. :thumbsup:
Posted Image

#4 sallyb

sallyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:24 AM

OLDTIMER: SEE MY MESSAGE IN LOG AREA.

#5 sallyb

sallyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 24 July 2005 - 03:44 AM

wOW, I could swear I did post a 2nd log with message, but when I try to locate it I get lost in navigation of log site. The designation of "next oldest"/Next newest" is not very accurate. The dates start to get more RECENT then jump back to OLDER DATES. Seems it would be less confusing it terms were "most recent"/earlier" posts. What do I know.

#6 sallyb

sallyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2005 - 05:47 PM

OLDTIMER: I dont suppose you saw the 2nd HT log I submitted....I cant find it either. So, I will go ahead and try to run the instructions you gave me per first log.

When you say save it to a folder of its own...how do I create that folder and in what part of computer?

#7 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:31 PM

On your desktop, double click My Computer
Double click Local disk (C:)
At the top, click File
Click New
Click Folder
Name the new folder HijackThis
Put HijackThis.exe in this folder
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#8 sallyb

sallyb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 38 posts
  •  

Posted 27 July 2005 - 02:13 AM

Thanks Cajun, I really am dumb on using computers. I need to find time to take a course. I suppose you are from louisiana. I went to high school in Shreveport and 2years at LSU at Baton Rouge(before transfering). The only computer exposure back then was a course in computers at NTSU. We learned to write a program in SPS (machine language)and then run them on on the main frame 360 that school had. Very ancient stuff.

#9 tg1911

tg1911

Lord Spam Magnet

• Members
  • 19,274 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:35 AM

Posted 27 July 2005 - 05:40 PM

Your quite welcome, sallyb.
I'm from SW LA.
Shreveport??
That's yankee country. :thumbsup:

A good place to start learning about your computer, is to read through our Tutorials.
A lot of good information there.
MOBO: GIGABYTE GA-MA790X-UD4P, CPU: Phenom II X4 955 Deneb BE, HS/F: CoolerMaster V8, RAM: 2 x 1G Kingston HyperX DDR2 800, VGA: ECS GeForce Black GTX 560, PSU: Antec TruePower Modular 750W, Soundcard: Asus Xonar D1, Case: CoolerMaster COSMOS 1000, Storage: Internal - 2 x Seagate 250GB SATA, 2 x WD 1TB SATA; External - Seagate 500GB USB, WD 640GB eSATA, 3 x WD 1TB eSATA

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users