Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Carambis Driver Updater version 1.1.0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Groffeaston

Groffeaston

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:08 AM

Hello everyone!

Has anyone ever heard of this? If so,is it legit? How good of a program is it?

I have the free version which just tells you what drivers are out of date, but acnnot download the updates. But when I use my Device Manager and check them that way, it shows that they are all up to date. So what gives? Can they both be right? or Which one is wrong?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rowal5555

rowal5555

Just enough info to be armed & dangerous...

• Members
  • 2,644 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:14 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:57 AM

Haven't heard of that one, but I use CNET's Tech Tracker to do the same job for programs and it does download if necessary. I use this for advice only and open each program mentioned and use Tools or Help to see if updates are actually available, and quite often they aren't.

If Device manager says drivers are up to date, you will probably be OK. Driver updates through Windows can be away out of date but still work alright. If you are having a specific problem, go to the manufacturer's site and find specific updated drivers there. (I am thinking particularly of NVidia here which are updating almost daily and Device Manager updates are a long long way behind, but again, if you are not having a problem then who cares.)

Once again, do not take any program like this as gospel, but take its advice as something you may wish to check out.

Hope this helps a bit. Cheers

rowal5555 (Rob )                                                             

Avid supporter of Bleeping Computer's
Team 38444

You can help find a cure

#3 Groffeaston

Groffeaston
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 518 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:14 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:19 PM

Hello everyone!

Thanks rowal5555. I have seen that before with other programs on my computer. Windows says it is up to date and then I either check the program or the manufacturers website and find that there are updates available. Even though I am not experiencing any problems right now, sometimes the minor out of date information descrepancies, can cause some minor glitches from what I heard.

I will check with the manufacturers website and try the CNET program.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users