Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need help setting up dual internal HDD.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Cheesezilla

Cheesezilla

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 03:54 AM

In my previous post i asked about removing an OS and i beleive ive got that all figured out. All i have to do it format the drive.

Only problem is that i can't boot up either of the HDD when there connected with the same "interface cable".
( i think that's the right word, im talking about the cable that's connected to the SCSI card)

What i think my problem is, is i don't have the HDD setup so that one is master and one is slave.

Only problem is that i have no idea how to do that.

I wish i could just show you guys whats going on but i dont have a decent digital video camera.

Both HDD are...

Seagate
Cheetah 15k.4
Model# ST336754LW
ULTRA U320 SCSI DRIVE I hope this info might help you guys.
HD SERIAL # 3KQ069VK
30GB

Both HDD also have an OS on them.

Also, are these "Jumper settings" really that important when connecting two HDD with the same cable? Ive looked at the diagram on the HDD and i couldn't figure it out to save my life.

Edited by Amazing Andrew, 05 September 2009 - 12:34 PM.
Mod Edit: Moved From XP to Internal Hardware - AA

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 M...

M...

• Members
  • 386 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:19 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 06:20 AM

Hello Cheesezilla,

Perhaps this will help:

"Cheetah 15K.4 Installation Guide
ST3146854LW/LC, ST373454LW/LC and ST336754LW/LC
SCSI interface disc drives":

http://www.seagate.com/staticfiles/support.../100220463b.pdf

#3 Cheesezilla

Cheesezilla
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:19 AM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 11:33 AM

Thanks M

But if i understand correctly, Jumper settings are for iede HDD.

And i don't think i have an iede because the cable that i plug the HDD into has pins on it. The HDD has no pins on it except for a tiny for of like 4 little ones at the front.

Err, what im tying to say is i dont have a set of pins that look big enough as the ones on the diagram on the HDD

EDIT: I found the jumper settings and i need to change one of the HDD to slave.
Thanks for your help man!

Edited by Cheesezilla, 05 September 2009 - 01:28 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users