Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can't run Anti-Virus / DDS / Rootkit Repealer

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 qqqqqqqq

qqqqqqqq

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:57 PM

So yeah.

When I run Anti-Malware, it automatically closed after I tried scanning. When I tried to open it again, it says "Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

The same happens for UnHackMe, HJT, Rootkit Repealer. DDS just closes automatically.

Help?

Thanks.

[Edit]
I was able to do a Kaspersky Online Scan. I got rid of the xa.tmp thing, and I know the mirc.exe results are fine, but how do I fix the rest?

[Edit2]
This thread seems very relevant: cannot run dds or rootrepeal.
His previous thread shows that he pretty much has the same virus as me, but I'm too scared to try anything, lol.

Pasted in Online Scan ~ OB

Saturday, September 5, 2009
Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Service Pack 2 (build 2600)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Saturday, September 05, 2009 07:32:17
Records in database: 2748374
Scan settings
scan using the following database extended
Scan archives yes
Scan e-mail databases yes
Scan area Critical areas
C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Documents and Settings\Peter\Start Menu\Programs\Startup
C:\Program Files
C:\WINDOWS
Scan statistics
Objects scanned 33401
Threats found 4
Infected objects found 15
Suspicious objects found 0
Scan duration 03:17:21

File name Threat Threats count
svchost.exe\0669C092.x86.dll/svchost.exe\0669C092.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 4
globalroot\Device\__max++>\0669C092.x86.dll/globalroot\Device\__max++>\0669C092.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 6
spoolsv.exe\0669C092.x86.dll/spoolsv.exe\0669C092.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 1
explorer.exe\0669C092.x86.dll/explorer.exe\0669C092.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 1
C:\Program Files\mIRC\backup\mirc.exe Infected: not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.616 1
C:\Program Files\mIRC\mirc.exe Infected: not-a-virus:Client-IRC.Win32.mIRC.621 1
C:\WINDOWS\system32\xa.tmp Infected: Trojan.Win32.Vilsel.a 1
Selected area has been scanned.

Attached Files

Edited by Orange Blossom, 05 September 2009 - 04:07 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,808 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:50 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 04:08 PM

Since what you posted is an AV log, I am shifting this topic to the Am I Infected forum.

Are you experiencing other issues with your computer? If so, please describe.

Orange Blossom :thumbsup:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users