Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Norton Disables During Windows Update

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 luigiforever96

luigiforever96

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:39 PM

All right, so one Wednesday night I was fidgeting with my home computer, getting on the Internet etc. It took me a little while to realize that Norton was turned off. I was kind of worried because it might have turned off for a malware/whatever reason. So I clicked on the Norton icon in the tray and it said that there were 0 days remaining for subscription. In reality, there were about 260 days left until the subscription expired. I freaked out and called my dad and etc, but nothing else weird was going on. A couple days later the subscription days left were back to normal, and Norton was protecting our computer again. :thumbsup:

A few weeks later, on a Wednesday night, it happened again. With the information we had, we decided that Windows does updates on Wednesday nights. But does Norton shut itself off and reset itself a day or two later after updates are done? Does this normally happen with Norton, or is the home computer just messed up? OS is XP. I am almost positive there isn't any malware floating around because we scan with Malwarebytes' and Spybot on a regular basis and they never find anything.

Thanks.

Proud Firefox User

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kenji The Helpful

Kenji The Helpful

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:47 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:47 AM

Norton is recommended by Microsoft, but, its not fully with Microsoft, so it aint going to stay up with the updates.
Itll shut everything, and i do mean EVERYTHING that is not Microsoft related. So norton is either updating itself or its just playing buggy...
♣SoftWare Intermediate♣

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users