Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Mouse pointer changes from arrow to text cursor in search boxes

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 CrimsonCompSys

CrimsonCompSys

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:59 PM

I have a toughbook that is running Windows XP Pro and IE8. Starting a couple days ago, it started making me click multiple times to be able to type in a search box on just about any website including Google. What I mean by clicking multiple times is, when I am in another program and click in the search box of the website to switch to the Internet Explorer window, I have to click 2 or more times before it will switch to that window and allow me to type in the box. Today I noticed that if I just mouse over a search box like Google's search box, the cursor will very quickly switch back and forth from the Posted Image to the Posted Image, and it will display the "Google Search" tooltip when the arrow is displayed. I have tried using Firefox to see if it happens there as well, but Firefox works fine. I have started Internet Explorer with no addons and it still does it. I have also uninstalled IE8 and used IE6 and IE7 but they both still have this problem. It doesn't seem to happen on bing.com but on every other site I have this problem. Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users