Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Netgear Problems

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 mistermoo32

mistermoo32

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:42 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:53 PM

Hey, i didnt know where to put this...so i put it here, okay, we have two computers, ones a walmart special, and one is cusom, but its a dinosaur..anyways both ethernet cards are onboard, we can both connect to the internet just fine... but we got a router so we both can, its a netgear FS605 the full serial is FS605B34CB057206 for some reason it lets one of us connect through the router, and the other gets a "limited or no connectivity" error..... we do not have the software for the router...and i cant seem to find the default ip for this brand of router so i cant connect to it and fidget with settings there....so im at a loss....if anyone can help id be very thankful!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 08:10 PM

The netgear FS605 is just a switch not a router.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 mistermoo32

mistermoo32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:12 PM

whats that mean? it cant connect two computers?

#4 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:42 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 09:39 PM

I found this page that seems to explain it in a way I can't. I'd get more techy.

If you bought this from a store, take it back and ask for a router.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#5 mistermoo32

mistermoo32
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 05 September 2009 - 07:35 PM

my friend got it, i actually had him confirm by reading me the stuff on the actual switch, and it SAYS switch on it... hehe ima techie too, thanks for the help!!

Edited by mistermoo32, 05 September 2009 - 07:36 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users