Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007A 0xC05CF9F0

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Woody Goos

Woody Goos

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:36 AM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:55 PM

Attention wise and powerful wizards of computer restoration. :thumbsup:
I am humbly seeking your direct assistance after searching and failing (a rarity) to find answers from the superlative Bleeping Computer forum.

While running a CAD program I incurred a blue screen crash with the typical message and the following data.
KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007A (0xC05CF9F0, 0x0000000E,
I was unable to write the remaining numbered data down as my system quickly shut off.
I am fairly confident that those three sets of numbers are accurate.
I have searched the Bleeping Computer forum with KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007A (0xC05CF9F0, 0x0000000E and read as many of the threads which seemed pertinent but I was unable to find an identical circumstance. No data specific to 0x0000007A 0xC05CF9F0 0x0000000E was found in separate searches here.
I have also Googled and Yahooed KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR 0x0000007A 0xC05CF9F0 0x0000000E with a surprising 0 results. There are a number of results for KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR but very little pertinent results for the indices 0x0000007A 0xC05CF9F0 0x0000000E. I am not sure how important that is but the results and remedies seemed to be linked to the numbered data.

My PCs basic info:
Windows XP Home edition w/service pack 3
AMD 64 3700+ processor
2.2 Ghz 1.50 GB RAM
Seagate ST3250620A HD NTFS 209 GB 147 GB free space. New install 1 year ago no issues prior to this.
Maxtor HD NTFS 34 GB 7 GB free space. Formerly my principal drive but not regularly connected now and I only use it for storage, some minor back up and as a lifeboat. This drive had a Vundo infection a little over one year ago but that was resolved.
FYI I use;
Avast antivirus freeware
Malwarebytes Anti Malware
Lavasoft Ad-Aware
Spybot Search and Destroy
F-Secure Blacklight Rootkit Eliminator
Sygate Personal Firewall
Hijack This and Combo Fix (if needed)

Here is a run down of what is occurring now:
Fails to fully boot in a typical start up
Detects drives
Verify pool data
Boot from CD:
DISK BOOT FAILURE INSERT SYSTEM DISK AND PRESS ENTER

I then inserted my Win XP Home edition CD. After SETUP finished loading I chose the Recovery Console option from the menu and the resulting message was given.
Set up did not find any hard disk drives installed on your computer.
Make sure any hard disk drives are powered on and properly connected to your computer, and that any disk-related hardware configuration is correct. This may involve running a manufacturer supplied diagnostic or set up program.
Setup cannot continue. To quit Setup, press F3.

After checking the physical connections I quit setup and rebooted right back to same.
I then loaded my recently (one month ago) created Seagate Acronis Boot CD which contains the DiscWizard program. The Seagate interface provides me with two options. Open Windows directly or run the Seagate DiscWizard. Neither option works.
The Windows start option fails: Unable to load O.S. and the Seagate DiscWizard fails: Unable to locate any hard disk drive.

I would like to avoid reloading Win XP as I would lose some valuable data in the process. I didnt get the chance to back up some files recently.

Now if I completely power off I can boot to the Seagate drive for about two to three minutes and then again experience a blue screen shut down. This time the data reads: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR 0x000000F4 (0x00000003, 0x8A5024E8, 08A50265C, 0x805C8C88)
Tried running chkdsk through command prompt and never have made it through the first phase of checking indexes before it shuts down. I have booted this way a few times and it seems there is not enough time to run any diagnostics.
FYI:
I am able to successfully boot and run the Win XP O.S. on the Maxtor HD with the Seagate drive disconnected (same hardware configuration) and I have no memory or mainboard issues found. Unfortunately I am unable to access the Seagate HD in a master/slave configuration using the Maxtor drive as master. Again: Unable to locate disk drive. In reference to the Seagate HD.

More info:
Unable to run chkdsk on Seagate drive
Unable to run HJT or Combo Fix on Seagate drive
Unable to F8 and boot to Safe mode on Seagate drive
I am able to enter SETUP during booting and inspect and or alter my CMOS and BIOS settings. My settings are currently on default and I have not altered anything in SETUP.

Not sure if this is just a bad sector or if a virus/Trojan has been activated. Thought I had been doing everything right to prevent this as I religiously update my anti-virus software daily and run scans twice a week.
I am not in a major rush or panic here and any help would be well appreciated. Thanks in advance. And thanks for all the help all you Bleepers provide to so many folks who need it. Your contributions do make difference.
Cheers,
Woody

Edited by Woody Goos, 04 September 2009 - 01:36 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:41 PM

FWIW: The only significant number on a STOP error (unless you are a coder or understand computer systems a lot more than most of us users) is the first set of letters/numbers. Don't ever try to find an answer by using anything other than that first set of numbers.

In your case, that would be 0x0000007A.

0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

A basic reference for looking up concise, technical explanations of STOP error codes: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

<<I would like to avoid reloading Win XP as I would lose some valuable data in the process. I didnt get the chance to back up some files recently.>>

Well...you may not get the chance...everything I've read thus far tells me that your Seagate hard drive is failing or your partition structure is messed up.

I suggest that you utilize a program designed for data recovery and see what can be obtained...immediately.

As for the other STOP error...it appears that you either have the number incorrect or the description.

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

I could be wrong...

<<Attention wise and powerful wizards of computer restoration.:thumbsup:>>

LOL, I actually think of forum members/visitors as...the ambulance arriving at the scene of an accident :flowers:. We do what we can to try to keep the patient alive...but sometimes a little more than a paramedic is called for.

If you can move that Seagate drive to another system...for just a few seconds...that should provide conclusive evidence of some sort.

Louis

#3 Woody Goos

Woody Goos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:29 PM

Thanks Louis for the quick reply!

FWIW: The only significant number on a STOP error (unless you are a coder or understand computer systems a lot more than most of us users) is the first set of letters/numbers. Don't ever try to find an answer by using anything other than that first set of numbers.

In your case, that would be 0x0000007A.

0x0000007A: KERNEL_DATA_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data was not found in the pagefile and could not be read into memory. This might be due to incompatible disk or controller drivers, firmware, or hardware.

A basic reference for looking up concise, technical explanations of STOP error codes: http://aumha.org/a/stop.htm

Okay. I roger that. Thanks for clarifying.

<<I would like to avoid reloading Win XP as I would lose some valuable data in the process. I didnt get the chance to back up some files recently.>>

Well...you may not get the chance...everything I've read thus far tells me that your Seagate hard drive is failing or your partition structure is messed up.

I suggest that you utilize a program designed for data recovery and see what can be obtained...immediately.

With regards to data recovery any suggestions for programs that I can work with in the present circumstance? I guess I should have had something installed in advance of event like this. I do recall using the Windows System Restore recently to set up a restore point on this system. But I am not sure if that would work to resolve this.

As for the other STOP error...it appears that you either have the number incorrect or the description.

0x00000077: KERNEL_STACK_INPAGE_ERROR
A page of kernel data requested from the pagefile could not be found or read into memory. This message also can indicate disk hardware failure, disk data corruption, or possible virus infection.

0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION
One of the many processes or threads crucial to system operation has unexpectedly exited or been terminated. As a result, the system can no longer function. Specific causes are many, and often best resolved by a careful history of the problem and the circumstances of the error message.

I could be wrong...

You are not. I am. Dang it I am sorry about that. In my post I had mis-labeled the second event as a KSIE when it is in fact the 0x000000F4: CRITICAL_OBJECT_TERMINATION. Noob mistake.

<<Attention wise and powerful wizards of computer restoration.:flowers:>>

LOL, I actually think of forum members/visitors as...the ambulance arriving at the scene of an accident :trumpet:. We do what we can to try to keep the patient alive...but sometimes a little more than a paramedic is called for.

If you can move that Seagate drive to another system...for just a few seconds...that should provide conclusive evidence of some sort.

Louis

OK how about this...you folks are more like EMTs equipped with wizard like powers. He he he. :thumbsup:

Thanks again Louis. It just helps knowing somebody cares!

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,246 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:36 AM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 03:47 PM

Speaking on behalf of all those who try to help...we care :thumbsup:.

I have two data recovery programs I purchased years ago, I have complete confidence in one (it won't do the miraculous, but it's a program that I think was well worth the expenditure of cash): GetDataBack - Data Recovery Software - http://runtime.org/data-recovery-software.htm

I have the NTFS version, the only drives using FAT these days are either external drives (not sure why they use it) or flash drives.

The beauty of this program is that a user can actually see if anything can be recovered...before buying it.

Of course, there are other alternatives...I'm just not familiar/comfortable with them.

Louis

#5 Woody Goos

Woody Goos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

Great Louis thank you for the tip on GetDataBack. Indeed an interesting purchase concept.
After visiting the website (thanks for the hot link) it seems I may have the option to utilize the WinPE/BartPE feature and create a boot disk. This contains a sort of a stand alone recovery platform which is practical if you are unable to boot up the Win O.S. I need to read more on the process but it may work just fine.
I will post my results here before too long.
Cheers,
Woody

#6 Woody Goos

Woody Goos
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2009 - 01:48 PM

I just wanted to update this string.

Although I have attempted to remedy my problem implementing a number of worthy options I now report that I had no success.
I am afraid the damage was too intense and I had to reformat the drive as a result. My principal interest in working this problem was of a forensic nature. I am less interested in the data loss as I am more interested in understanding the specific recognition of the problem and the cause.
Anyway many thanks to Louis and all of the great forum members for all your help on this and so many other issues.
Woody

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users