Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

C000021a fatal system error in WIN XP pro sp2

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Tammu

Tammu

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:40 PM

Hello All,

I have just installed a clean install of win xp sp2 on my dell vostro 1500. it worked fine for 2 days, but this morning when i started computer , it starts and as soon as i c my desktop, i get a blue screen saying this message:

"c000021a fatal system error, the windows subsytem process terminated unexpectedly - 0x7c9101b3 0x0069f28c"

the dumping process started ... and it does that restarts and does the same again.

can some one please help me out.

Thanks i appreciate it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:16 PM

Worth a look: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/112455, technical info follows:

0xC000021A: STATUS_SYSTEM_PROCESS_TERMINATED
This occurs when Windows switches into kernel mode and a user-mode subsystem, such as Winlogon or the Client Server Runtime Subsystem (CSRSS), is compromised. Security can no longer be guaranteed. Because Win XP canít run without Winlogon or CSRSS, this is one of the few situations where the failure of a user-mode service can cause the system to stop responding. This Stop message also can occur as a result of malware infestation or when the computer is restarted after a system administrator has modified permissions so that the SYSTEM account no longer has adequate permissions to access system files and folders.

If the reason for the reinstall was malware...I would say that odds are that you are still infected. My suggestion would be to ask to have this thread moved to the Am I Infected forum. The problem with that is that you don't seem to be able to boot into Windows to do anything useful.

If you are sure...not just wishful...that it's not a malware situation, then I would suggest a repair install of XP.

Could also be some type of hardware problem, but that's just enumeration of the logical suspects possible. You haven't posted sufficient information for anyone to make that call, IMO.

Louis

#3 Tammu

Tammu
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 9 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:30 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 06:32 PM

Thanks for replying. I have already did repair install of xp. after when i started the system and logged in under my user name, i get the same error again.

so i decided to see if i can login using safe mode. and thats when i discovered some pretty strange issue. here i will explain in detail.

first: If i use administrator account and login in the safe mode... it works and one Local Disk © in My Computer.

second; If i use my user account ( Tammu) whose has admin rights and login in safe mode... it works but unde My Computer i see 2 Local Disks ... namely C and E.

The Local Disk( E) has icon with a drive that has a red circle over it with a white question mark in the red circle. if i right click on it and select properties, it shows used space 0 and free space 0.

i have no idea how i have 2 local disks.

i have an external Western Digital Hard Drive , but i set it up to show as (T) under disk management and it works fine.

any idea or advice sir how i can fix this.

thanks i appreciate it.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,270 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:30 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 07:36 PM

Although you say that you did a clean install...did you use Dell recovery/restore disks to accomplish this?

If so, that's not a clean install...see Restoring Your Windows Operating System at http://support.dell.com/support/edocs/syst...e.htm#wp1082894

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users