Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Computer won't boot with two hard drives plugged in

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 dreborn

dreborn

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 12:35 PM

Ok..so weird problem:

I was using my computer and everything was great (been using Win7 RC for a few months now and it's been superb). Then had the hardest crash i've ever seen. Just pure lock up. Cursor working (moving) but couldn't click on anything, no blue screen, just hanging there. Turned off the computer manually and tried to reboot.

Hung on the win 7 logo for more than an hour. Didn't budge. Just hung.

tried to boot into safe mode. No dice, hung.

i then tried to boot into Win 7 dvd...hung on logo as well.

Finally i unplugged my main hard drive (150gb raptor) and bam, booted into the dvd. so i'm thinking my main drive failed but on the off chance something else weird was going on i unplugged my 2nd drive (2tb WD), plugged my main drive back in and bam, booted into win 7 dvd.

so now i was officially confused.

i kept the WD 2tb drive unplugged and tried to boot into windows and bam, booted just fine.

so what's the deal? My culprits are PS, then maybe the WD 2tb drive, and finally the mobo.

help!! =)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,753 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 AM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:04 PM

Switch out the PSU temporarily...and see what happens with all drives connected.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users