Posted 04 September 2009 - 10:59 AM
Hi. I have noticed a few odd things going on with my computer over the last several days:
1. When I try to click on a link to view a website from Google or other search engine, I am redirected to an advertisement. My security software is catching it, but then I am brought to the error screen to try to load again.
2. The computer had turned off on its own. There were no power outages.
3. Comodo and Spysweeper shut down. When I reloaded, I had the weirdest errors with Comodo blocking it's own IP address and also blocking the operating system from doing normal processes. Spy sweeper was very slow in loading.
4. I noticed the following file system32\config\userdiff. I opened it and it says " +E)/DIRTYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY" with more "y" going onto other rows.
5. I also wanted to check on two other files "\is-DJ0CL.exe" in running processes and ""regsvr32"/s mqrt.dll" in start up. I know the last one shows up on some searches but the difference in mine is that the quotation marks around regsvr32 are included and this is newer to my start-up list.
6. My security log file in Microsoft is empty.
I ran Malwarebytes in safe mode and it can back clean. Thanks for any help you can provide.