Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook Express 6 dbx to Outlook 2003?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Pointy

Pointy

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:30 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:25 PM

Hi.

I posted this already but turns out when I looked down the list of forums I totally missed that there was one for internet and email, so posted it in the wrong one. Apologies for that, and hopefully someone here might be able to help. :thumbsup:

I recently had to get a new PC because my old one died a slow and painful death. My old PC ran XP, and I did manage to copy all my files off before the final curtain fell.

My new PC runs Vista.

I have a folder full of .dbx files from Outlook Express 6 (including the apparently-important 'folders.dbx'). I'm trying to import these files into Outlook 2003, which I've installed along with Office on my new machine (I tried windows mail and windows live mail but don't like the programs). I've followed instructions, but the program is getting to a point where I have to tell it where my files are stored, and then when I do it errors and tells me that it can't import because the location doesn't exist or the files are in use. The files are on my harddrive and are definitely NOT in use.

Can anyone help me fix this please? It seems to be a known error but all the 'help' things I've found are assuming that the reason you're trying to import is because you've upgraded from OE to Outlook, and still have OE somewhere. I don't, I just have the files.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users