Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Got the fourth core 720 be

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 snyderrich

snyderrich

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:34 PM

Even got to unlock the 4th core..it was sooooooo easy. and this is my first build ever!
Gigabyte gama790xud4p...Phenom iix3(nowx4)
went into bios advanced settings(press cttrl+F1 at bios screen) MIT something, set to hybrid and auto. and whamo! a 4 core for the price of 3!!
The thing is I learned all of this in about 2 months.
That's starting from ZERO knowledge about building, to knowing enough now that i have a little confidence now.
And ALL thanx th these types of forums!

P.S. I just built this rig 2 days ago, installed XPx64 and went back to learning.
BIOS version F5 from gigabyte website (it came with my mobo as default)
If someone wants to build and are unsure of themselves read into these forums and U'll b surprised!
:thumbsup:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DJBPace07

DJBPace07

• BC Advisor
  • 4,869 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:12 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 02:59 PM

Be careful with activating the additional cores, the reason AMD marketed that processor as a triple core is because the quality wasn't quite good enough to use all four cores.

3939.png

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users