Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

POP UPS, SYSTEM RESTORE & ARCSOFT PHOTOIMPRESSION 5

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 MISS PINK

MISS PINK

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:23 PM

I HAD A GUY COME TO SORT OUT MY COMPUTER, BUT HE HAS LEFT IT WITH MORE PROBLEMS. I AM NOW GETTING ALL THE NEW PROGRAMS HE LOADED POPPING UP ON START UP. HOW CAN I REMOVE THESE WITHOUT DELETING THE PROGRAMS.
HE ALSO LOST A PROGRAM THAT I LOVED [ARCSOFT PHOTOIMPRESSION 5] AND I HAVE BEEN TRYING TO FIND IT ON THE INTERNET TO DOWNLOAD WITHOUT ANY SUCCESS. HE HAD MADE A BACK UP DISK, BUT WHEN I LOOKED ON IT THERE WAS NOTHING OF IMPORTANCE ON IT. SO THEN I TRIED TO DO A SYSTEM RESTORE FROM A DATE BEFORE HE DID ALL THE CHANGES SO I COULD PICK THE LOST PROGRAM UP, BUT IT WOULDN'T GO THAT FAR BACK. CAN ANYONE GIVE ME ANY ADVICE, I WOULD BE MOST GRATEFULL.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,278 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:31 PM

My suggestion: Do not accept shoddy service, go back to this person and express your dissatisfaction...if you paid for this "service."

If you didn't pay, then accept the consequences as a lesson in life and move on.

As for the Arcsoft program, you are right, it is no longer available. Older versions of software (especially graphics software are routinely replaced at download locations when a new demo or shareware version comes out. You either move on to another program, the latest version of Photo Impressions (6.5) or take it out on the person who eliminated your file copy.

I recently went through this when I was looking for an older version of Ulead PhotoImpact :thumbsup:...but I still have my older versions among my backups.

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users