Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 Lower Power Consumption

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 lanwanman

lanwanman

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:15 AM

So we have all heard that windows 7 gives you better power consumption but I'm curious if anyone out there has tested it yet side by side with another box? Watching a movie perhaps? I plan on doing some testing of my own soon and will post results here as I find out. If you have time do some testing of your own and be sure to post exact hardware specs etc. if possible for us all to examine and learn from.

http://greatesttechnologynews.blogspot.com/

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 katieb

katieb

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:28 AM

Posted 09 October 2009 - 09:57 AM

That would be great if you could let us know the results. My laptop battery goes dead in about 70 mins even during light use, using Power Saver mode, no wireless, etc. It would be another reason for me to upgrade if this is true.

#3 revDJkev

revDJkev

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 AM

Posted 10 October 2009 - 01:46 AM

@katieb,

upgrade anyway!!! I have been using the rtm for about 3 weeks now on my laptop, and I'm about to upgrade both of my desktops at home. I am seriously impressed, and I tried not to be at first (after having to brush my teeth for weeks to get the taste of Vista out of my mouth!).

@lanwanman,

Unfortunately, my battery is DEAD. Laptop only lasts about 5 minutes when not plugged in. . .new battery on it's way as I type, but it will be hard to judge whether there is much of a difference or not because it's been so long since I used it w/o being plugged in.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users