Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

server choices

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 cjfalkenbury

cjfalkenbury

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:21 AM

ok i have a choice between a dell power edge 6650 and a hp proliant dl380 my says i can keep one but the other has to go , so my question is witch one would you keep and why , my main purpose is some web hosting of my own and file storage. aos any help woudl be great

thanks guys

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:08 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:04 AM

To be honest with you, you'd probably get better answers over in the Hardware section of these forums. Altho servers use the network, they don't really have anything to do with networking. Not saying people here couldn't give you an opinion, just saying the folks over in Hardware might be able to give a better answer.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#3 Kenji The Helpful

Kenji The Helpful

• Members
  • 53 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 05 September 2009 - 01:59 AM

Uhhhh...is there anyway you gan give us each info about each server?
♣SoftWare Intermediate♣

#4 thedeacon

thedeacon

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:08 PM

Posted 13 September 2009 - 03:30 AM

ok i have a choice between a dell power edge 6650 and a hp proliant dl380 my says i can keep one but the other has to go , so my question is witch one would you keep and why , my main purpose is some web hosting of my own and file storage. aos any help woudl be great

thanks guys

I would go with whichever server has the most processing power, memory and storage capabilities/growth. I use both at work and both work fine.
Currently working on my CCNA and then towards Security.

The Network Technician

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users