Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

ASUS for windows 7 Upgrade

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:40 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:07 AM

I ended up getting myself an ASUS CG5290 and I was doing the online ordering for the Windows 7 Upgrade. After a few weeks after sending my receipt in, they still have not approved my purchase. Is ASUS this difficult for anyone else with the Windows 7 Upgrade program? Should I just keep waiting till Win7 is released?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kevin G

Kevin G

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 08:20 AM

If you keep reading the Asus website you will get to this ....." starting June 26, 2009 to get an upgrade to Windows® 7 when available."
They can't ship something that isn't availale yet.
I would think towards the end of October.
Patience grasshopper....

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:18 PM

Ahh, but mine has been sitting on "Validating purchase" Which is why I am wondering...
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 braindead0

braindead0

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 28 September 2009 - 03:42 PM

Ahh, but mine has been sitting on "Validating purchase" Which is why I am wondering...

Mine has been as well, I've sent the email with everything they asked. Proper subject, etc.. still waiting for proof of purchase.

#5 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 09 October 2009 - 11:55 AM

I guess we just have too wait and find out. 13 more days.

#6 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 08:10 AM

Ok, its now the release date of Win7, has any ones purchase been validated? Mine still hasn't.

#7 groovicus

groovicus

• Security Colleague
  • 9,963 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:40 AM

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:40 PM

Personally, I would have shot Asus an email.

#8 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 22 October 2009 - 12:57 PM

I have done that myself, and they prety much told me to wait till the 22nd, Still has not been validated, so I've shot off another one.

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 22 October 2009 - 12:58 PM.

#9 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 03 November 2009 - 01:03 PM

Just got an email back from ASUS today. If any other ASUS users are still wondering why progress is so slow here is the email they sent:

Dear Customer, Please be informed that the Windows7 Upgrade Kit will be available in December 2009. You will be notified by email when product is available which will be followed by a payment notification email. We thank you for your kind understanding and patience.

Looks like we still got a month too wait. -_-

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users