Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

nVidia 7500LE

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 DonMogul

DonMogul

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:55 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:29 AM

Today I purchased from my local retailer Assasin's Creed. My rig meets the minimum requirements (in terms of RAM and Processor abilities) and exceeds them with my nvidia card (which according to my startup screen is 512MB).

Anyway I am able to watch the first movie in the game (the one where the guy wakes up and finds himself in a lab) albiet with sound and the correpsonding video not in sync but i can live with that.

I was even able to play through the tutorial mission and the lvl where the assasin is under the temple of solomon.

Now I am up to the part where the assasin is in jerusalem (?) and he has to go and see his master.

This is where the problems begin. :flowers:

People start appearing out of thin air.

I bumped into an invisible soldier who stabbed me in retaliation with an invisible sword on one occasion.

The assasin must have turned into a ghost because at one point i couldnt see him (only his weapons).

Trees and ladders kept appearing and disappearing.

I then contacted the good people at UbiSoft asking for their advice. They recommended I update my graphics card.

I downloaded the proper update from the nvidia website.

installed it and restarted the computer when the installation program asked.

after the update I was only able to get as far as the Windows Vista logo - in short i dont get as far as the log in screen.

i was forced to log in via safe mode and use system restore to reverse the graphics update.

so now im stuck.

in the last hour i registered on the nvidia forum... still havent received their activation email

can you guys help a dummy like me :thumbsup:

EDIT:

OOPS this should probably go in the games section shouldnt it? then again its an nvidia update issue :S

Attached Files

Edited by DonMogul, 03 September 2009 - 08:03 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users