Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Protection System/Total Security

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
2 replies to this topic

#1 StephScott

StephScott

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:47 PM

I started off with pop ups regarding Total Security spyware wanting me to purchase the product, I was unable to run AVG. I finally got Malwarebytes Anti Malware to download and run by naming it mbamm.exe. It found 21 infected items and I removed them all, included in that list was Rogue Total Security and Rogue Protection System. I had to reboot to finish the removal and when it booted up everything seemed fine, I was able to run AVG and AVG found a Virus in svchost called Win32/Cryptor. It would not heal it, the computer was shut down and left overnight. Once I booted up this morning all the pop ups began again except this time its my Security Center saying virus protection not found and protection system will pop up for me to download. Also, continues to pop screens that tell me certain virus are found like Email-Worm Win32NetSky.q and Win32Hala.a

I run malwarebytes and it finds the same 8 items every time I remove them and reboot and same things happens over and over again.

Finds Trojan Agent in 2 files and Memory Module
Rogue Coreguard
Roge Protection System
Malware Trace
Hijack Windows Update

Please HELP!! I have tried everything I can think of short of wiping the hard drive.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 StephScott

StephScott
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:35 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:08 AM

Nevermind, I tried everything under the sun so I just did a factory restore. Thanks anyways

#3 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,992 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:35 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 11:00 PM

Hello

Thank you for letting us know. Sometimes the best and quickest solution is to reformat and reinstall. Since you decided to reformat, this thread will now be closed.

In case you experience any problems with the computer, please start a new topic.

Happy computing,

Orange Blossom :(
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users