Please download Norman Malware Cleaner
and save to your desktop.alternate download link
- Be sure to print out the instructions provided on the same page.
- Restart your computer in "Safe Mode".
- Double-click on Norman_Malware_Cleaner.exe to start the program.
- Read the End User License Agreement and click the Accept button to open the scanning window.
- Click Start Scan to begin.
- In some cases Norman Malware Cleaner may require that you restart the computer to completely remove an infection. If prompted, reboot and run the tool again to ensure that all infections are removed.
- After the scan has finished, a log file with the date (i.e. NFix_2009-06-22_07-08-56.log) will be created on your desktop with the results.
Please download Sysclean Package
& save it to your desktop.
Reboot your computer in
- Create a new folder on drive "C:\" and rename it Sysclean - (C:\Sysclean).
- Place the sysclean.com inside that folder.
- Then download the latest Virus Pattern Files - (Pattern files are usually named lptxxx.zip, where xxx is the pattern file number)
- Extract (unzip) the lptxxx.zip pattern file into the Sysclean folder where you put sysclean.com. (click here if you're not sure how to do this. Vista users refer to these instructions.) DO NOT scan yet.
" using the F8
method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".Note: Some anti-virus programs will alert you of a virus attack when running sysclean so it's best to disable them before going to the next step.Scan with Sysclean
How to use Sysclean Package Instructions with screenshots if needed.-- When using Sysclean its best to use the Administrator's account or an account with "Administrative rights" otherwise you will not have access rights to scan some locations. You can Use the "Run As" Command to Start a Program as an Administrator. Even when doing that, the scanning process may result in "Access Denied" messages for some files. This is normal because these files are protected by the system.
- Open the Sysclean folder and double-click on sysclean.com to start the scanning process.
- If you get a message that required files are missing. Click Ok and wait for sysclean.com to unpack them.
- Put a check mark on the "Automatically clean or delete infected files" option by clicking in the checkbox.
- Click the Advanced >> button.
- The scan options appear. Select the "Scan all local fixed drives".
- Click the "Scan button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console.
- It will take some time to complete. Be patient and let it clean whatever it finds.
- Another MS-DOS window appears containing the log file (sysclean.log) generated in the same folder where the scan is completed - C:\Sysclean.
- To view the log, click the "View button" on the Trend Micro System Cleaner console. The Trend Micro Sysclean Package - Log window appears.
- The Files Detected section shows the viruses that were detected by System Cleaner.
- The Files Clean section shows the viruses that were cleaned.
- The Clean Fail section shows the viruses that were not cleaned.
- Exit when done, reboot normally and re-enable your anti-virus program.