Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need some of you to school me on computer building!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 medhank

medhank

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:43 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:58 PM

Hey people, I am thinking of building my own computer sometime in the future. Not any time soon though. So I thought I would take this time to actually learn. There are alot of things that you need to know when building a computer. I can't say that I know all of them. So I wanna ask, how do you build a computer? Basically, what I want to know is, what to look for when choosing parts, and what type of compatibility issues should I be aware of when buying my parts.

Hope to hear from someone soon. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 circaal

circaal

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:34 PM

Ok well building a computer can be easy or hell on earth. This all deoends on what parts you are getting and what you want your computer to do. First I would suggest picking out a case this will determine how large and what type of motherboard you are going to get. Then once you find motherboard that fits the case make sure its one thats gonna house your processor. Whether it be a 775 socket or if you are going with another socket (can't think of any others atm). Then check the specs on the motherboard for how much ram it can hold and what type of ram and at what speed. Once the case and motherboard is picked out check on if you want to get a dual-core or quad-core BUT MAKE SURE IT WORKS WITH THE MOTHERBOARD YOU CHOOSE. Then look for the RAM and what type of ram you want and at what speed. After that you are down to power supply and vidoe card and anything else fancy you want to put in there. So i would suggest going to Newegg and picking out the parts there. Its probably you best bet in terms of saving money. Good luck and let me know if you have any questions or problems!
-BTY

#3 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:47 PM

Building a computer is simple enough, all you need is a little info and a screwdriver and you should be good too go.

Well, what mostly would you be using this computer for? Is their any specific pieces of hardware you have your eye on? Dual-Core/Quad-Core/Core i7? Are their anything things you would like in your computer like an SLI/Crossfire setup or water cooling?

Edited by xXAlphaXx, 03 September 2009 - 12:48 PM.

If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,090 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:43 PM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:46 PM

My two cents...

Key items are motherboard (determines what CPUs can be accommodated)...RAM (purchase max amount supported by board and Windows version)...power supply (don't go cheap on this component)...projected use of system (no point in assembling a killer system to do mundane things any system, new or old, easily handles.

And the operating system you intend to use.

Typical motherboards include onboard video, sound, USB, and NIC functions.

If you intend to record from TV, you need a capture card (which is not the same as a regular video card/chip).

Louis

#5 klashviper

klashviper

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:43 PM

Posted 04 September 2009 - 11:34 AM

dont forget to earth ya self =]

Edited by klashviper, 04 September 2009 - 11:34 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users