Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Monitor suddenly very sloowww!

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Volatile1

Volatile1

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:19 AM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:19 PM

I have a Hanns G HW191D monitor which I have been delighted with for about 4 years.

Tonight the screen flickered and then went very slow. It appears very bright and hazy and everything happens slow-time. Its a bit like when the computer processor is tied up and windows pop up very slowly but its just the display that's the problem. The mouse also flickers and takes a long while to go to where you tell it to.
I have changed the VGA cable and that is fine. I have hooked my laptop up to the monitor and get the same problem so it is clearly a monitor issue and not the desktop.

When changing the display settings (brightness etc) on the monitor directly the pop-up menu (like on your TV) also fades in slowly and everything happens slowtime.

When I look up my hardware settings via the desktop it shows the monitor as default monitor rather than naming it as HW191D.

I get the impression that its just broken and I need to buy another but I'd be grateful for any insight from the floor as to what else may be going on and if it could be fixable.

Thanks to all,

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brooksey!!!

brooksey!!!

• Members
  • 186 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:19 AM

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:23 PM

I would say that if you hooked your laptop up to an external monitor and got the same problem, it is very much not the monitor acting up - Software faults - update your drivers, these will be available on your manufacturers website.
Hope this helps
GB

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users