Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

I configured hotmail in Outlook ... where r mails saved??

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 finance professional

finance professional

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:28 AM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:08 PM

Dear all,

I want to know when we configure web based mails like Yahoo, Hotmail, Gmail, etc. in Outlook than where are the mails actually saved? Are mails saved on Yahoo servers or on our computer??

Recently I configured my Hotmail account in Outlook 2007 through Outlook Connector. When I delete mails from Outlook than they are deleted from web based Hotmail as well.

Thanks and regards ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 bb0bbby

bb0bbby

• Members
  • 16 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:58 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:45 PM

It depends on how you have your mail set up. If you click the box 'keep mail on server' then it will not delete it off of the web based mail. If you use imap you should be able to retrieve it even if you delete it.

Google imap.
Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other a matter of time.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users