Hello gilbertnak1000 and
Let's see if we can get a look at this thing. Since you are unable to access the internet on the infected computer, download requested files using a clean computer and transfer them to the infected machine using a CD or Flash drive. Also, you can use the same method to move requested logs from the infected computer to your clean computer so that you can post them here. If you choose to use a flash drive, please run the following program on your clean computer
Please download Flash_Disinfector.exe
by sUBs and save it to your desktop.
Note: As part of its routine, Flash_Disinfector will create a hidden folder named autorun.inf in each partition and every USB drive that was plugged in when you ran it. Do not delete this folder...it will help protect your drives from future infection by keeping the autorun file from being installed on the root drive and running other malicious files.
- Double-click Flash_Disinfector.exe to run it and follow any prompts that may appear.
- The utility may ask you to insert your flash drive and/or other removable drives. Please do so and allow the utility to clean up those drives as well. <-- THIS IS IMPORTANT!!!
- Hold down the Shift key when inserting the drive until Windows detects it to keep autorun.inf from executing if it is present.
- Wait until it has finished scanning and then exit the program.
- Reboot your computer when done.
Please install RootRepealNote
: Vista users
,, right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator."
Disconnect from the Internet
- Direct Download (Recommended)
- Zip Mirrors (Recommended if you have a slower connection or if the Direct Download mirror is down)
- Rar Mirrors - Only if you know what a RAR is and can extract it.
or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.Close all open programs
, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer
until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable
your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect
to the Internet.
- Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
- Open on your desktop.
- Click the "Drivers" tab, and then click the button.
- Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
- Once the scan completes, push the button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
~BladeIn your next reply, please include the following:RootRepeal log