Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Howdy

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 TtechRod82

TtechRod82

• Members
  • 0 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 PM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:07 AM

Too often I encounter problems and errors for which I have no prior experience. Hopefully this site (and these forums) will help identify the cause of such problems/errors and find solutions. And I need to know more about pre-emptive maintenance and such. I'm not sure what I can offer back to the Bleeping Computer community, but perhaps in time I will be able to contribute. Glad to be here.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 10:22 AM

Computer maintenance is a matter of keeping your hard drive clean and organised by using Windows programs (such as scandisk, disk cleanup, and defragmentation), and using third party applications (firewalls, anti-viruses, anti-spyware) to assure it is free of malware.
You will find many tutorials and forum discussions about these here at BC!
Thanks for joining this friendly user community!
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

#3 yano

yano

I can see what you post!

• Members
  • 6,469 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:08 PM

Posted 25 July 2005 - 11:07 PM

:thumbsup: to BC! TtechRod82.
Yes computer maintance is as important as preventing it.

Good Luck,
yanowhiz

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users