Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Removed windows antivirus pro now pd keeps restarting itself

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 zodibrat

zodibrat

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:40 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:21 AM

My sons computer at his place of bussiness was infected with windows antivirus pro I went down and removed it for him with the instructions from the tutorial on this sight. installed malwarebytes antimalware everything seemed to go ok then computer started to restart itself randomly. I cleaned out allthe dust and added a new ddr2 memory chip 1 gig but it is still restarting itself. he is running windows xp on a 1.8ghz celeron processor. I'm wondering what to do now I disabled the auto restart but it is still restarting. I would like to avoid having to reinstall the whole operating system or reformating the drive if possible.

Edited by zodibrat, 02 September 2009 - 11:22 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users