Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

hs_err_pid

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Jet Boat Capt

Jet Boat Capt

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:44 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:22 AM

I have several of these logs on my desktop. Is there anything I should do about these?

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:44 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:57 AM

1) Do you know how they got there?

2) Are you the only user of this computer?

3) Is this your personal computer or are you on a network which has an administrator or IT person?

Please answer those questions and we can go forward from there.

Thanks,

ranger72 :thumbsup:
So Much To Learn; So Little Time To Learn It In!

#3 Jet Boat Capt

Jet Boat Capt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:09 AM

1) No I dont know how they got there.

2) My wife is the only other user. My kids were using it for a week when they were here.

3) It is a personal computer. We use it for our business.

#4 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 11:07 AM

Ten-Dash-Four!

Please insure that you keep the "bug report" on your desktop. We will submit a bug report to Java after we do the following:

Go to your Control Panel and open "Add and Remove Programs" and Please tell us what version of the Java Application you have. The latest version of the application for win xp home/pro is presently "Version 6 Update16"

If you have a Version which is older than that you should remove/delete that older version from "Add and Remove Programs" and install the latest version by going here: http://www.java.com/en/download/manual.jsp

It is normally acceptable to load newer versions of Java on top of older versions but in this case we want to start fresh with a full latest version.

Scroll down a bit to the "Windows Download section" and download/install "Windows XP/Vista/2000/2003/2008 Online" This is a 10MB download.

After downloading/installing this latest version; close all windows and applications which may be running and "restart" your confuser.

Then click on the link once again to go back to the download page and select the link which reads "Verify Java has been Installed Correctly" If the application has downloaded/installed correctly then this test will advise you that Java is working correctly.

Then; Please let us know the results and we will see if we need to go further.

#5 Jet Boat Capt

Jet Boat Capt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:49 PM

I have Java 6 Update 15. I tried to remove from add remove programs but it wont delete. It starts gathering information then stops and closes.

#6 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:16 PM

Ok Captain,

Are you able to update and run all of your various Security programs such as your Antivirus, spyware, adware, antimalware programs, ETC.?

Please list for us which programs are currently installed on your machine at this time.

Thanks,

#7 Jet Boat Capt

Jet Boat Capt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:06 PM

As far as I know all I have on here now is the trial version of Kaspersky Intenet Security 2010.

At one time I had PC Antispyware on this computer. I thought it was gone.

Thanks for your help so far

Bill

#8 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:27 PM

You are entirely welcome Bill!

If that is the only security you are running then I am thinking that your machine is infected; along with the fact that you can't uninstall Java RE.

Are you able to update and run your kaspersky application? And if so what does Kaspersky tell you about infections on your machine?

#9 Jet Boat Capt

Jet Boat Capt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 06:13 AM

I copied the file it is here:

Let me know what you think.

Thanks

Bill

Attached Files

#10 ranger72

ranger72

• Members
  • 190 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 10:40 AM

Good Morning Bill!

Your machine was and very well still could be infected with a multitude of nasties! Do not worry! Here is what we are going to do:

This is a link to our "Am I Infected? What do I do?" Forum : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/ This forum is run and monitored by experts who are highly trained and experienced to help you with your infected confuser. :thumbsup:

1) Before you post in that forum please insure that you read this very carefully and follow the instructions: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/182397/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do-how-do-i-get-help-who-is-helping-me/

Then you will understand how to go about getting help from our experts; It may seem redundant but they will get your machine nice and clean.

2) Please do not post any logfiles in the "Am I Infected?" forum until you are requested to do so; Secondly, Follow only those instructions which are given to you by the person who ends up taking your case!

3) It would be helpful to the person who ends up helping you if you could provide a link to the thread which you have started here in your first post in "Am I Infected" So that they can understand what has transpired here so far and they will be able to take a look at your provided logfile.

4) The folks in that forum are all volunteers and sometimes they are extremely busy but I promise that they will get to you with help! Please just be patient.

After you get your machine cleaned up then we can get you squared away with good solid security applications which will prevent most nasties from getting into your confuser in the first place. I have a number of machines and all the apps I use are Free and they keep my equipment clean!

I will keep an eye on your new thread to see how you make out.

Best of Luck!
ranger72 :flowers:

#11 circaal

circaal

• Members
  • 17 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 12:16 PM

If your kids play online games such as runescape if the game quits out it often creates this logs and slaps them on your desktop. I played this game for many years and over the course of the time I played I probably got 100+ of these messages. I would recommend just to delete them no need to worry, but if you did have that virus you were talking about before I would recommend to download and run the free version of Malware Bytes to make sure any trace is gone.
-BTY

#12 Jet Boat Capt

Jet Boat Capt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  

Posted 04 September 2009 - 04:58 AM

O.K.
I will do that

Thanks