Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Registry Mechanic Unable to Find/Fix ieuser.exe

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Shonee

Shonee

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:53 AM

I recently had/still have a trojan (Zlob). I then got Registry Mechanic and Spyware Doctor to try to fix the problem. However, the internet problems I've been having still persist. The internet still conks out in 5-10 minutes.

While SD picks up nothing, RM says that ieuser.exe (c:\program files\internet explorer\ieuser.exe) is missing/invalid every time. However, it can't fix the problem. I went to the location and couldn't find ieuser.exe (the specific name). Since I can't reinstall IE8, what can I do? Is it possible to fix this manually and replace the missing/invalid file with one that isn't affected?

Is there something else I should be looking to fix?

I'm a novice, so if please break things down a little for me. Thanks.

EDIT:
My computer uses Vista.

Edited by Shonee, 02 September 2009 - 01:19 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Members
  • 27,809 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:20 PM

ieuser.exe is launched before starting Internet Explorer and sets the security settings of the medium level.

It's part of IE8 I would try to download a fresh copy and try again
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#3 Shonee

Shonee
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:48 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:02 PM

It's part of IE8 I would try to download a fresh copy and try again

I've tried downloading IE8 again, but I keep getting the message that I already have the proper version, so I cannot install it again. I tried doing it manually, and I also tried installing an older version. I'm not being allowed to do any of that. :huh:

#4 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• Members
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:10 PM

1. Follow Grinler's guidelines to remove Zlob : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/17258/how-to-remove-the-smitfraud-generic-zlob-quicknavigate-virtual-maid/

2. SD is not considered a good anti-spyware anymore. Instead, use Malwarebytes' Anti-malware ( http://www.malwarebytes.org/mbam.php ). In general you install it, update it and then do the scan.

3. BleepingComputer does not advise/recommend use of any registry cleaner application. They tend to cause more problems than they claim to solve.

4. About IE8: Goto Programs and Features section and uninstall IE8. More information on how to uninstall a software is here : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/tutorials/uninstall-a-program-in-windows/. After uninstalling IE8, restart your computer. Then install IE8 again, it should install now.

Note : If even after following guidelines ito remove Zlob, you think you are infected, post in this section : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/103/am-i-infected-what-do-i-do/

Edited by Romeo29, 02 September 2009 - 04:12 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users