Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

"permission" trojan wont run anti malware apps [Moved]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 codyohlsen

codyohlsen

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:53 PM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:05 PM

Hello All,

my computer is infected with a virus that is similar to other posts but i have tried everything to my knowledge and cant seem to remove it.

this virus identifies anti malware and antivirus programs and strips the user of the permissions to access the application. this makes it very hard to remove. most applications i can install and run once then they close immediately.

this happened with both rootrepeal and dds which is why i couldnt attach logs.

It also has hijacked my web browser and redirects me a lot to other websites when i click any link on google.

i am running a winXP Pro SP3

the only two anti virus programs that run without closing are my existing

ESET NOD32 3.0.672.0 - identified it as a Win32/TrojanDownloader.FakeAlert.AHT trojan

and also

IObit Security 360 free license. - identified a Trojan.Downloader

with a free scan of STOPzilla it found - Win32K.Stream trojan

i have tried running SpyHunter, HijackThis, SuperAntiSpyware Pro, and Malwarebytes Anti Malware all unsuccesfully. i also cant remove them. and cant find them on Add/Remove Programs.

I Have researched this a lot and cant figure it out.

if anyone has any comments please post a reply.

thank you all,

CODY

Edited by codyohlsen, 01 September 2009 - 11:08 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,807 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:08 PM

As no logs have been posted, I am shifting this topic from the specialized HiJack This forum to the Am I Infected forum.

==>PLEASE DO NOT NOW POST LOGS<== unless a log is specifically requested.
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 06:14 PM

Welcome to BC

1. Download Win32kDiag from any of the following locations and save it to your Desktop

http://ad13.geekstogo.com/Win32kDiag.exe

http://download.bleepingcomputer.com/rootr.../Win32kDiag.exe

2. Double-click Win32kDiag.exe to run Win32kDiag and let it finish.
3. When it states "Finished! Press any key to exit...", press any key on your keyboard to close the program.
4. Start a new topic in the HJT forum: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/f/22/virus-trojan-spyware-and-malware-removal-logs/
Give a brief description of your problem and tell the you could not run the DDS scan
5. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log in your post
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

#4 codyohlsen

codyohlsen
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:07 AM

thank you very much and sorry for posting it in the wrong place i will be more careful next time

#5 garmanma

garmanma

Computer Masochist

• Staff Emeritus
  • 27,809 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:21 PM

Topic closed~member was able to post log in HJT
Mark
Posted Image
why won't my laptop work?

Having grandkids is God's way of giving you a 2nd chance because you were too busy working your butt off the 1st time around
Do not send me PMs with problems that should be posted in the forums. Keep it in the forums, so everyone benefits
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook and Twitter

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users