Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected by Renos.JM and no removal program will work.

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
9 replies to this topic

#1 Returde

Returde

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:37 AM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:52 PM

Hi, I'm new here, so please tell me if I'm not in the right section.

I've been infected by Renos.JM and most of the programs I install crash on startup (message saying the path is wrong or that I don't have the rights even though I run it as admin) or just don't detect the threat.

List of programs I've tried :

-Spy hunter
-Malawarebytes'
-Others I don't remember of.

Running Vista X86 SP1 (32bits) with MCAFEE.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Edited by Returde, 01 September 2009 - 09:27 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:27 PM

Hello and welcome.
Please post your last Malwarebytes log
The log is automatically saved and can be viewed by clicking the Logs tab in MBAM.
Copy and paste the contents of that report in your next reply. Be sure to post the complete log to include the top portion which shows MBAM's database version and your
operating system.

Now run part 1 of S!Ri's SmitfraudFix

Please download SmitfraudFix

Double-click SmitfraudFix.exe
Select option #1 - Search by typing 1 and press "Enter"; a text file will appear, which lists infected files (if present).
Please copy/paste the content of that report into your next reply.

Note : process.exe is detected by some antivirus programs (AntiVir, Dr.Web, Kaspersky) as a "RiskTool"; it is not a virus, but a program used to stop system processes. Antivirus programs cannot distinguish between "good" and "malicious" use of such programs, therefore they may alert the user.
http://www.beyondlogic.org/consulting/proc...processutil.htm
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Returde

Returde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:52 AM

Hi and thanks for your help,

This is basically the problem I have, Malawarebytes will start a scan and crash after about 5 seconds. It is then impossible to restart the program (I get en error message that basically translates as : "Windows cannot accès the path or you don't have the rights to perform this action" but I'm running admin)

For what is of Smitfraudfix, the command window just blinks open and closes. I got it working once (the first time) and started the first option, but it didn't go very far and now the command window will just appear for a fraction of a second then crash again.

Does this help at all?

Thanks

#4 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:23 AM

Hello as you kknow this is the malware. I feel we can get an online scan to run.
Please do an online scan with Kaspersky WebScanner

Click on Kaspersky Online Scanner

You will be prompted to install an ActiveX component from Kaspersky, Click Yes.
  • The program will launch and then begin downloading the latest definition files:
  • Once the files have been downloaded click on NEXT
  • Now click on Scan Settings
  • In the scan settings make sure that the following are selected:
    • Scan using the following Anti-Virus database:
    Extended (if available otherwise Standard)
    • Scan Options:
    Scan Archives
    Scan Mail Bases
  • Click OK
  • Now under select a target to scan:Select My Computer
  • This will program will start and scan your system.
  • The scan will take a while so be patient and let it run.
  • Once the scan is complete it will display if your system has been infected.
    • Now click on the Save as Text button:
  • Save the file to your desktop.
  • Copy and paste that information in your next post.

How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#5 Returde

Returde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:07 PM

Here you go,

Wednesday, September 2, 2009
Operating system: Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium Edition, 32-bit Service Pack 1 (build 6001)
Kaspersky Online Scanner version: 7.0.26.13
Last database update: Wednesday, September 02, 2009 18:09:48
Records in database: 2740327
Scan settings
scan using the following database extended
Scan archives yes
Scan e-mail databases yes
Scan area My Computer
C:\
D:\
Scan statistics
Objects scanned 115160
Threats found 2
Infected objects found 11
Suspicious objects found 0
Scan duration 01:50:52

File name Threat Threats count

MSASCui.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll/MSASCui.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 1

globalroot\Device\__max++>\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll/globalroot\Device\__max++>\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 5

Skype.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll/Skype.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 1

skypePM.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll/skypePM.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 1

firefox.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll/firefox.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 1

java.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll/java.exe\D5EEE8ED.x86.dll Infected: Trojan-Spy.Win32.Agent.azpj 1

C:\Users\Returde\AppData\Local\Temp\d.exe Infected: Trojan.Win32.FraudPack.ssi 1

Selected area has been scanned.

I must also ask if it is safer to shut down the computer or just disconnect the ethernet cable and let it run, as I noticed that at each bootup I have less programs running at startup.

#6 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 02:28 PM

OK, Yes after installing and updating disconnect and scan..
Before we start fixing anything you should print out these instructions or copy them to a NotePad file so they will be accessible. Some steps will require you to disconnect from the Internet or use Safe Mode and you will not have access to this page.

Please download Dr.Web CureIt and save it to your desktop. DO NOT perform a scan yet.
alternate download link
Note: The file will be randomly named (i.e. 5mkuvc4z.exe).

Reboot your computer in "Safe Mode" using the F8 method. To do this, restart your computer and after hearing your computer beep once during startup (but before the Windows icon appears) press the F8 key repeatedly. A menu will appear with several options. Use the arrow keys to navigate and select the option to run Windows in "Safe Mode".

Scan with Dr.Web CureIt as follows:
  • Double-click on the randomly named file to open the program and click Start. (There is no need to update if you just downloaded the most current version
  • Read the Virus check by DrWeb scanner prompt and click Ok where asked to Start scan now? Allow the setup.exe to load if asked by any of your security programs.
  • The Express scan will automatically begin.
    (This is a short scan of files currently running in memory, boot sectors, and targeted folders).
  • If prompted to dowload the Full version Free Trial, ignore and click the X to close the window.
  • If an infected object is found, you will be prompted to move anything that cannot be cured. Click Yes to All. (This will move any detected files to the C:\Documents and Settings\userprofile\DoctorWeb\Quarantine folder if they can't be cured)
  • After the Express Scan is finished, put a check next to Complete scan to scan all local disks and removable media.
  • In the top menu, click Settings > Change settings, and uncheck "Heuristic analysis" under the "Scanning" tab, then click Apply, Ok.
  • Back at the main window, click the green arrow "Start Scanning" button on the right under the Dr.Web logo.
  • Please be patient as this scan could take a long time to complete.
  • When the scan has finished, a message will be displayed at the bottom indicating if any viruses were found.
  • Click Select All, then choose Cure > Move incurable.
  • In the top menu, click file and choose save report list.
  • Save the DrWeb.csv report to your desktop.
  • Exit Dr.Web Cureit when done.
  • Important! Reboot your computer because it could be possible that files in use will be moved/deleted during reboot.
  • After reboot, post the contents of the log from Dr.Web in your next reply. (You can use Notepad to open the DrWeb.cvs report)

#7 Returde

Returde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:13 PM

Sorry, but here's what happened:

The express scan runs ok and no virus is found, the popup appears and I close it as said. I then start the complete scan with changes applied, the progress goes on with "prepairing to scan" and at one point, DoctorWeb closes.
I tried this 3 times, all in safe mode, but the 2nd time, the program closed at beginning of complete scan and then the popup appeared.
Same thing the 3rd time although I waited for the popup to appear, which it didn't but it did appear when the program crashed.

It also disapeared from Task manager when it crashed, so it wasn't working in background

I wasn't connected to the internet while in safe mode.

No programs lost at bootup this time though.

Edited by Returde, 02 September 2009 - 03:16 PM.

#8 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:23 PM

It looks like you have the new rootkit.
As there are some new variants of rootkits in the wild right now that will require custom scripts to remove the infection, the process must be completed by HJT team member.

Failure to follow the proper removal process can and will cause serious damage to a machine. Recovery of the machine may be difficult, if not impossible.

Now ... Download this Utility and save it to your Desktop.
Double-click the Utility to run it and and let it finish.
When it states Finished! Press any key to exit, press any key to close the program.
It will save a .txt file to your desktop automatically. Double-click on the Win32kDiag.txt file that is located on your Desktop and post the entire contents of that log as part of the reply in the topic you will create below..

Next please go here HijackThis Logs and Virus/Trojan/Spyware/Malware Removal ,click New Topic,give it a relevant Title and post the Rootrepeal log and the above log.

Let me know how that went.

#9 Returde

Returde
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 04:28 PM

started the diag and it is a long process, still not finished.

But I don't recall runing any Rootrepeal, is it essential and if it is could you send me the link please?

The other topic is here : http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/254689/new-rootkit-and-trojans/

Thanks

Edited by Returde, 02 September 2009 - 07:15 PM.

#10 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 72,759 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 08:53 PM

Ok that's fine . If needed still they will ask you what they want next.
Now that your log is properly posted, you should NOT make further changes to your computer (install/uninstall programs, use special fix tools, delete files, edit the registry, etc) unless advised by a HJT Team member, nor should you continue to ask for help elsewhere. Doing so can result in system changes which may not show it the log you already posted. Further, any modifications you make on your own may cause confusion for the helper assisting you and could complicate the malware removal process which would extend the time it takes to clean your computer.

From this point on the HJT Team should be the only members that you take advice from, until they have verified your log as clean.

Please be patient. It may take a while to get a response because the HJT Team members are very busy working logs posted before yours. They are volunteers who will help you out as soon as possible. Once you have made your post and are waiting, please DO NOT make another reply until it has been responded to by a member of the HJT Team. Generally the staff checks the forum for postings that have 0 replies as this makes it easier for them to identify those who have not been helped. If you post another response there will be 1 reply. A team member, looking for a new log to work may assume another HJT Team member is already assisting you and not open the thread to respond.

To avoid confusion, I am closing this topic.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users