Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Multiple Infections

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Marniae

Marniae

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:15 AM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 05:24 PM

My computer has contracted many infections. I had PC_Antispyware2010 and Windows Police Pro automatically install themselves as programs, and a window popped up and said "C:\Windows\system32\rundll32.exe" tapi.nfo beforeglav

I have been having redirects on Google and sometimes Yahoo. This in in both Internet Explorer and Firefox.

Now I am trying to run my anti-virus (Trend Micro Client-Server Security Agent) a couple error windows pop-up and after closing them TM runs but just closes after a few minutes without completing. This has happened with SUPER AnitSpyware, RootRepeal, Malwarebytes Anti-Malware, and Win32Diag. I can't get anything to complete. This also happens in Safe Mode.

Please help me, this is driving me crazy. If there is more information that you need, just let me know.

Edited by The weatherman, 01 September 2009 - 05:37 PM.
Moved from HJT to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 pablo49

pablo49

• Members
  • 50 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:15 AM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:41 PM

Hi Marniae
Try tackling the infection(s) from outside the running windows environment. From a known good computer download and burn this iso: http://download.bitdefender.com/rescue_cd/. Ensure the infected computer has the BIOS set to boot from CD-ROM. Load the BitDefender boot CD and follow the steps - including updating signatures. After this scan runs, try booting normally and run your Trend Micro, MBAM, SAS etc.
Good Luck
Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users