Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

files moved themselves? or disappeared?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blueczar

blueczar

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:41 AM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 05:15 AM

Hi, I have just had this problem tonight with Windows XP. Some of my files in the Kodak pictures folder (the most recent ones dating back 3 months ago with names like '2005-06-23" suddenly weren't there when I checked. I thought they'd been deleted, then I did a search for them and I discovered them in a place called "C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\Recent" but I can't get to this place through my computer. When I clicked on the link in the search results they opened up with the location listed at the top as though they were still in the Kodak Pictures folder.

And also, although all the files between march last year and march this year were still there, the Kodak pictures folder wouldn't accept me trying to create a folder with a new name. I went create new folder, name 2005-05, and then a couple seconds later it disappeared from the Kodak pictures folder!???

I copied all the photos across to a new folder which wasn't inside Kodak pictures and so its ok now, its just strange that they don't want to stay within the Kodak pictures folder??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 thedon57

thedon57

• Members
  • 286 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:41 AM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:32 AM

hi you can create a shortcut to recent, by right clicking it and select desktop, rename it recent documents, then make a new folder as you have down,and move it to pictures. that is where i keep all my photos and i have over 3,000 stored there. because you will find that recent does clear itself out every so often.

Edited by thedon57, 22 July 2005 - 08:33 AM.

Now installed Microsoft Security Essencials on my Tower with Windows Home Premium 32bit and Toshiba Satellite Pro Laptop with Windows Home Premium 64bit

#3 Halfman

Halfman

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:48 AM

Try to scan your computer on viruses and spyware.
You can do it here:

Online System Checker

Online free Spyware Checker

BitDefender Free Online Virus Scan

Trojan Scans:

Sygate Trojan Scan

Windowsecurity Trojan Scan

#4 blueczar

blueczar
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 36 posts
  •  

Posted 22 July 2005 - 08:50 AM

thanks for the reply.. I restarted the computer, and when it restarted it did a whole bunch of stuff, I think it was called Checksum? or something like that.. checking or repairing something, I've never seen it do that before. But the folder thing seems ok now

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users