Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Recovering file played in Real Player...

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2004 - 12:55 AM

Hello all. Sorry for this question, not too much of a tech expert (obviously)...
Question about downloading a video clip from a website, simply by clicking on the picture, the clip downloads and then automatically plays in Real Player. However if you do not specifically save the file, is the file stored somewhere on my system anyways, in a temp file or wherever? Recently played a clip I'd like to review, but did not specifically save, can I recover this somehow?
Thanks in advance....

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,665 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:25 PM

Posted 10 September 2004 - 02:08 PM

It may be stored in a temp file somewhere, but if real player did its job right, it would delete it afterwards.

If you streamed the file off the server, it does not actually download the file, and then it would never be on your machine

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users