Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello... just joined via Combofix.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sfcactus

sfcactus

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:35 PM

Hello everyone. I discovered Combofix a while back and love it. I finally decided to join the site.
I'm a computer repair pro and use it all the time. Kudos to the developers and to this site for making it available.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:18 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:08 AM

Hello and thanks for joining. It is a great tool but should only be used by someone with the right skills as you.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

#3 Trimka

Trimka

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:18 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 01:40 PM

Hello!

My questions is, where do i download the ComboFix????

I downloaded it once (i forgot where from), but the Disclaimer Screen didn't look the same as on your website provided.
At the beginning it said:

The following websites are not in a way affiliated to ComboFix
www.combofix.org
www.combofixdownload.com
If you have purchased anything from them, I suggest you instruct your financiers to cancel the transaction.

...which was not on the screenshoot i saw on the tutorial.
Pls, give me instructions on this. Where can i download the ComboFix and run it?

Thanks,
Biljana

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,099 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:18 PM

Posted 18 September 2009 - 04:49 PM

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/combofix/how-to-use-combofix

ComboFix is a program, created by sUBs, that scans your computer for known malware, and when found, attempts to clean these infections automatically. In addition to being able to remove a large amount of the most common and current malware, ComboFix also displays a report that can be used by trained helpers to remove malware that is not automatically removed by the program.

You should not run ComboFix unless you are specifically asked to by a helper. Also, due to the power of this tool it is strongly advised that you do not attempt to act upon any of the information displayed by ComboFix without supervision from someone who has been properly trained. If you do so, it may lead to problems with the normal functionality of your computer.

Please note that this guide is the only authorized guide for the use of ComboFix and cannot be copied without permission from BleepingComputer.com and sUBs. It is also understood that the use of ComboFix is done at your own risk.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users