Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Explorer.exe Freezes HELP!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:09 AM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:34 PM

So after I finally got my laptop working again my desktop (dell e310) started acting weird.

There are 4 user accounts and all the accounts seem to freeze at startup. I mean the icons next to the clock (task tray or whatever), only a few load and show up and it seems they click IE or anything and itll than immediately freeze. But its odd in that JUST the Start button, any tabs there successfully opened, and the clock icons freeze. Desktop wise you can click the icons however they dont open.

But then again, on my account I can click my computer and such and itll just have a flashlight looking for the folder. Odd. My clock icons dont all load either. If I X out of the my computer itll then proceed to freeze.

Although going into safe mode there is no lag or freezing.

My thoughts are and Ive done a lot with computers so Im pretty computer literate is that either there is a virus, or a possible drive failure. Not sure though.

Any thoughts? And no I dont have AV on that computer as I didnt think they were visiting areas that were malicious.

Any opinions would be helpful.

Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 01 September 2009 - 07:03 PM

bump for some help lol.

#3 starcraftmaster

starcraftmaster

• Members
  • 1,109 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:09 AM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 03:27 AM

which OS you got ?

in safe mode
go to start and then RUN
once in that type MSCONFIG and then go the Startup tab and turn off every thing
once you done that , thinking you got windows xp or vista go to the services tab and turn off every thing
press ok and restart into normal and see if it works

#4 ComputerMan23

ComputerMan23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 309 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2009 - 11:15 PM

i have win xp home

why would i turn everything off?

#5 starcraftmaster