Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Know where to find this?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 ryan_w_quick

ryan_w_quick

• Members
  • 488 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:13 PM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 04:20 AM

Does anyone know of a store or web site that I can buy a new computer without any programs or operating system, because that would really save me some money.
"To do less than your best is to sacrifice the gift." Steve Prefontaine

"The things you own end up owning you." Tyler Durden

"I do not feel obliged to believe that the same god who has endowed us with sense, reason and intellect has intended us to forgo their use." Galileo

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:13 PM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:20 AM

Cyber Power

theyre a little bit on the expensive side, but if you look carefully, you can find one that fits your budget. (i'm assuming you have one) i have not personally bought from them, but from my friends' experience he got a faulty PSU and they sent repairs guys to his house. so they got some good backup for their computers

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 Jaws

Jaws

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:13 PM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:59 PM

Hi Ryan,

I'm checking out laptops and I really don't care to purchase one with an OS. I'm satisfied with w2k and don't what to have to pay for another OS.

The funny thing is, the vendors that sell them without an OS are just as expensive or more expensive as (for instance) a Dell with equivalent hardware components. Go figure.

I'm thinking of buying a name brand and just do a reformat of the hard drive to get all of their junk off and putting w2k on it.

Regards,
Jaws

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users