Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Both Firefox and IE crash

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Amaru

Amaru

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:09 PM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:34 AM

I have a major browsing problem, i recently changed over from IE to firefox, with IE after 10-15 minutes of browsing my IE would close itself down with the Send Errror Report/Dont send message box.

I Instaled Firefox and that worked fine for about 8 hours until the problems started, 3 months later i have no change, Firefox will work fine for a while and then half way through loading a new web page it simply says "stopped" and stops loading the page up, the only way around this for me is to toally shut down the firefox.exe process in the task manager and start again, it then works fine again for a while, some times 30 minutes some times 3 minutes.

Im starting to lose patience with it and im close to just giving up with the Internet totally!! Can somebody please help??

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 rmm55

rmm55

• Members
  • 35 posts
  •  

Posted 23 July 2005 - 04:20 PM

If you havn't done any spyware, hijacker or process scans yet read the pinned posts in the security section of this forum. Then post a HijackThis log according to the instructions by Grinler.
Roy Mel - YourTechOnline technician
roy@no_spam_yourtechonline.com (remove no_spam_)

#3 Press2Esc

Press2Esc

• Members
  • 18 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:09 PM

Posted 26 July 2005 - 10:25 PM

I have a major browsing problem, i recently changed over from IE to firefox, with IE after 10-15 minutes of browsing my IE would close itself down with the Send Errror Report/Dont send message box.

I Instaled Firefox and that worked fine for about 8 hours until the problems started, 3 months later i have no change, Firefox will work fine for a while and then half way through loading a new web page it simply says "stopped" and stops loading the page up, the only way around this for me is to toally shut down the firefox.exe process in the task manager and start again, it then works fine again for a while, some times 30 minutes some times 3 minutes.

Im starting to lose patience with it and im close to just giving up with the Internet totally!! Can somebody please help??

Amaru, goto http://housecall.trendmicro.com and run a full scan... This may take car of your problem..

P2E

#4 jgweed

jgweed

• Members
  • 28,473 posts
  •  

Posted 26 July 2005 - 11:04 PM

What kind of internet connexion do you have?
Regards,
John
Whereof one cannot speak, thereof one should be silent.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users