Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RAID 0

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 junkdk

junkdk

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 22 July 2005 - 02:26 AM

Dear Bleeping,

Sorry that I have not been around. The last couple of weeks have been trying. I will leave it at that.

But I must tell you, if you are going for a high speed computer RAID 0 is the way to go.

Yes there are some negatives but if you set up your computer correctly you have nothing to worry about.

OK. Non believer. I just defragged my two 200GB hard drives in 20 minutes. Granted they are not filled but I am still waiting on my 80/60GB IDE to defrag and it has less info.

Do the research, make the computer, and reap the rewards!

We will help!

junkdk :thumbsup:
Your Hardware Guide.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 legoman786

legoman786

• Members
  • 684 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:20 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 12:21 AM

defragged 2 200gbs in 20mins?!?!?!?! I HAVE TO GET MY HANDS ON RAID 0!!!

Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning.
- Rick Cook

#3 junkdk

junkdk
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 345 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:20 AM

Posted 23 July 2005 - 10:30 PM

It's not just a thing you can buy my friend.

It's multiple things you have to buy and set up.

You have to have at least two SATA hard drives, a RAID controller, and a motherboard that supports SATA connections.

My ASUS motherboard comes with the connections and built in RAID controller. Most people have told me that RAID is for servers and such.

Sure. But does it work for all other things? You bet! Wow...I have the need, the need for speed!

Here is the weird thing. Western Digital, Seagate, and such make these drives that can move information so fast that the CPU companies are playing catch up.

In a sense, the hard drives are waiting for the CPU's. :thumbsup:

But will the CPU companies make a chip to match or exceed the drive speeds? No! They will soak you for more upgrades along the way. :flowers:

Such is the computer way...

junkdk :trumpet:
Your Hardware Guide.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users