Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

i am way TOO competitive. is it bad?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 ableg02

ableg02

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:46 PM

is it just me or does every male feel like they're competing against everyone else all the time? I always want to win, be the smartest, first, be the best ALL the time, I mean who doesn't right? Don't get me wrong tho, when and if i'm wrong, i accept it and i am not obnoxious about it. But i feel this burning sensation inside hating myself for losing or whatever. I know that its good to be competitive but up to what extent?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:28 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 11:56 PM

You must be young. When I was in school, me and all my friends were the same way. We were into sports. But as I get older, I'm competitive but winning isn't everything anymore. There are times I'm glad somebody beat me, it's better for them than for me. But mainly I compete with myself at golf. I have fun, get P.O.'d, but the main thing is having fun.

I would not say it's a bad thing to be "too competitive" as long as you keep your head about it. Sometimes it's better to let or help your friend, girlfriend, wife, whoever, to win. Or if not let them win, at least be happy for them. Sometimes it's better just to have fun..

I know what I want to say, I'm just having a hard time figuring out how to say it...:thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#3 ableg02

ableg02
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 25 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:28 PM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 08:28 PM

you make a LOT of sense. you're right. but I guess being too competitive and having too much pride is not a good combination.i've noticed im this way just when im around my close friends.

#4 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 09:27 AM

Thanks! I can't remember the last time, if ever, somebody said I make a lot of sense... :thumbsup:
"The nine most feared words in the english language, 'I'm from the government, and I'm here to help'..."
Ronald Reagan

#5 ComputerNutjob

ComputerNutjob

• Banned
  • 125 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 10:01 AM

By the way Crazy Frog, nice signature. Yes I mean you, Wildabeast.

#6 Wildabeast

Wildabeast

Bleeping Lurker...

• Members
  • 1,259 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:15 AM

By the way Crazy Frog, nice signature. Yes I mean you, Wildabeast

Thanks!
It's supposed to be animated, but none of the avatars I've tried recently will animate. Oh well....

Edited by Wildabeast, 03 September 2009 - 07:17 AM.

Ronald Reagan

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users