Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sapphire, ATI , AGP , 3650 , Crashes to low rez. in game

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 PCwarrior

PCwarrior

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:04 PM

Hello all, I installed the card about 6 months ago. After the install, all went well ( even ran Doom 3 " low grfx. settings ). But as I progressed through my dated games, I stuck with Halo as a staple ( enjoy the game regularly) . Upon setting up the game I tinkered with video settings in the game and in Catalyst settings.

In order to fluidly play the game on-line I have set the in game settings pretty low. no shadows, no specular , particles low, textures low , 800x600 rez, VSYNC, at 72hz , With decals on. The game plays smooth at this dismal view. No system crash to desk top stuff. Today I ran Riva tuners hardware monitor and noted the GPU usage and FPS,temp and such, at the stable settings. The usage does peak to 99.9 from time to time but sits around 25 mostly, FPS only seldom hits 75 and temp seams stable 50c or so.
The Catalyst settings are, Desk top 1280x1024, 32bit , 3D as follows; Standard= high Quality, AA 2x, filter= box, Anisotropic filter= 8x, Catalyst A.I.= standard, Mipmap=High Quality, Adaptive A-A=not checked, OpenGL(triple)=not checked. With this setting scheme I'm able to compete with a field of 16 with only minimal lag at my ping of about 200.

But, if I enable in game vid. settings to turn on all the bling at 800x600(pretty low rez), I can play smooth with one or two other players for awhile. Then, with out much warning the game crashes. The screen blanks, then comes back as a still. Then I tab+ALT to desktop to find that my settings for it have fallen back to a default( low rez XxY ) with a warning requesting to report the prob.
I ran Riva tuner with all settings on high(in game settings), and saw little change in refresh(alittle lower) and GPU usage. Usage seamed to have less peaks and temp, didn't seam effected. Then vid. crashes ? Riva says GPU goes to 99.9% for a few thenths of a sec before crash. I'd be glad to divulge any further info needed. The current driver for the card is v8.573. Thanks for the read and or help in advance.

Edited by PCwarrior, 31 August 2009 - 07:10 PM.

(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS, Saphire 5770 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded), All custom&controlled fans. Shhhh lol :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 PCwarrior

PCwarrior
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 203 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:04 AM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 05:52 PM

:thumbsup: Yikes to rambling of a question, sry.
(new,12/23/09) ASUS Crosshair III, Phenom IIx4 955 Blk Ed, Zalman 9500 HS, Saphire 5770 vga, W-7/64bit, 8g/Corsair/1600 RAM, 850w HX Corsair PSU, WD CB/500gb HD, Pioneer CD/DVD, Smilodon/Dirk-Tooth(modded), All custom&controlled fans. Shhhh lol :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users