1) I got trojan, everytime I search google it would redirect me to Btcar.com or such and such
2) Then Firefox went haywire, I downloaded Hackjack this, now Firefox showed it was downloading from the little dialog box, however when I got to click it after it was done it won't open up. I went to the download folder, the .exe doesn't exisit, I even searched my whole computer.
3) so I used interenet explorer which worked and I fixed the trojan.
Thought everything was ok and my laptop is ok but no it gets worse.
4) the downloading still did not work. So I decided to uninstall Firefox. and went to interenet exploerer to download firefox. All of the sudden downloads doesnt work on internet exploerer either. Everytime I download anything from any browser, it doenst work. the file would just disappear. It would say its downloading but its not. I even saved the download on the desktop and yet it wont appear on my desktop.
5) SO I look it up and founc this: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-13427-c...nloads-on-vista
some of them are recommending to uninstall AVG.
6) here's the kicker: I went to uninstall AVG and it fails. and I cant download anything to fix it. I feel like a dog biting my own tail. I fear the only answer would be completely backing up my files and restore my laptop all over again. But I realllllyyyyy dont want to. I work at a sucide prevention labn and I have many files that are very confidential so I would have to password protect everything. any suggestions?
And I have vista, btw. lol
Edited by The weatherman, 31 August 2009 - 06:46 PM.
Merged posts and moved from Vista to a more appropriate forum. Tw