Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Vista Downloads and AVG uninstallment issues

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 DebDeb

DebDeb

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:21 AM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:36 PM

So I am completely lost and I don't what I did to my laptop and its driving me insane.

1) I got trojan, everytime I search google it would redirect me to Btcar.com or such and such

2) Then Firefox went haywire, I downloaded Hackjack this, now Firefox showed it was downloading from the little dialog box, however when I got to click it after it was done it won't open up. I went to the download folder, the .exe doesn't exisit, I even searched my whole computer.

3) so I used interenet explorer which worked and I fixed the trojan.

Thought everything was ok and my laptop is ok but no it gets worse.

4) the downloading still did not work. So I decided to uninstall Firefox. and went to interenet exploerer to download firefox. All of the sudden downloads doesnt work on internet exploerer either. Everytime I download anything from any browser, it doenst work. the file would just disappear. It would say its downloading but its not. I even saved the download on the desktop and yet it wont appear on my desktop.

5) SO I look it up and founc this: http://en.kioskea.net/forum/affich-13427-c...nloads-on-vista
some of them are recommending to uninstall AVG.

6) here's the kicker: I went to uninstall AVG and it fails. and I cant download anything to fix it. :thumbsup: I feel like a dog biting my own tail. :flowers: I fear the only answer would be completely backing up my files and restore my laptop all over again. But I realllllyyyyy dont want to. I work at a sucide prevention labn and I have many files that are very confidential so I would have to password protect everything. any suggestions?

And I have vista, btw. lol

Edited by The weatherman, 31 August 2009 - 06:46 PM.
Merged posts and moved from Vista to a more appropriate forum. Tw

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 DebDeb

DebDeb
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:51 PM

my computer doesnt have a virus anymore, I fixed that part, I added it in the original post because it started with that problem

If you read the last thing.. its avg, its affecting my downloads which is common with vista according to the internets and I can't uninstall because it fails which is also accordiing to the internet is common with vista.

again the trojan part is gone.

#3 darksyde

darksyde

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:18 PM

iIhad the same problem uninstalling avg , the solution is to use revo uninstaller , it will remove all avg files and registry keys . revouninstaller.com. download the program and follow the instruction . Its a free program and fairly easy to use.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users