Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Web Content

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kinggw23

kinggw23

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 03:00 PM

I all, I am trying to figure out this computer, Win 2000. When I want to set a picture to the desktop background, it displays 2 of them. When I turn off active desktop and use an image that came with Windows, it works fine 1 picture, as soon as I browse for a picture then use it for the background, it asks me to enable active desktop. Then 2 pictures. What is going on?
Dell Dimension E520
750GB HD 4GB Ram
ATI Readeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit

Dell Inspiron 1501
80gb HD 2gb Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Romeo29

Romeo29

Learning To Bleep

• BC Advisor
  • 3,194 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:53 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 06:20 PM

I think by 2 pictures you mean, tiled display. The pictures is shown twice on your screen.
In background properties window, you will be able to customize the layout of their image by selecting Center, Tile, or Stretch.
If a picture is smaller than your screen size, you may select Stretch to fit it on your desktop.

Active desktop is used to set non BMP images as wallpepr like JPEG, GIF etc. If you have any problem with Active Desktop, you can always convert JPEG image into BMP to use it when Active Desktop is turned off. Actually many Image viewer apps (like IrfanView) do it automatically, when you view a picture and select set it a wallpaper.

#3 kinggw23

kinggw23
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:53 PM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 03:57 PM

It happens when the image is stretched or centered. it doesn't matter if the image is one from the internet, taken with a camera.......doesn't matter what format it is.
Dell Dimension E520
750GB HD 4GB Ram
ATI Readeon HD 5570 1GB DDR3
Windows 7 Ultimate 32-Bit

Dell Inspiron 1501
80gb HD 2gb Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users