Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

How to remove Previous Names or Addresses before forwarding E-MAIL

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Green Hornet

Green Hornet

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 10:15 AM

I receive long trail of E-mail names and addresses, that has been forwarded to me. I also forward e-mail frequently, and to avoid possible spammers getting those names and e-mail addresses, I delete the addresses and names 'BEFORE" I forward any of them.
-Here Is How-

After clicking "Forward" hold down the left mouse button at the "start" of the names and addresses you would like to delete,
drag to the botttom right of the names to be deleted, then release th mouse button.

With the text part you want to remove HIGHLIGHTED (selected) , hit the delete key or clicki the "Cut" icon (sissors)

Input your own personal message, picture etc.

You can use the above method to clean up the "Subject" box of unwsanted Ww, Re, [ ], etc. or change the subject to anything you would like.

Check over your mail.

"ADDRESS AND SEND" It Works. Good Luck

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Stang777

Stang777

Just Hoping To Help

• Members
  • 1,821 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:25 PM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:26 PM

I find it easier to just copy and paste the text I want to send to someone into a new email instead of forwarding it

#3 Layback Bear

Layback Bear

• Members
  • 1,880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:25 PM

Posted 01 September 2009 - 11:56 PM

I use Stang777 method it works for me. I like you two don't want to send every thing to every body.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users