Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Infected and cannot run any log files

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 cshades

cshades

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:04 AM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:34 AM

I'm getting frustrated. For some reason, Windows Police Pro downloaded itself on my computer yesterday, and it's pretty much a mess. I manage to delete the program files, but I know I'm not out of woods yet. Nothing seems to work. Nothing. The whole desote.exe thing keeps popping up.

Running any antivirus is useless because it just clicks off. I've tried running McAffee, Panda Security (online version), Malware, Hijackthis, RSIT, Win32kDiag, and Rootappeal. Everytime it starts, it stops. I took an advise of another poster and rename to desote.exe file. It helped, and I could at least get to command prompt. But with that it still does not work. Things like Malware and such just don't run (even though they show themselves in the Task Manager). Other programs like RSIT and Win32k start, but once it starts scanning (or touching the registry, I assume), it gets shot down. When I try to start them up again in the command prompt, it says ACCESS DENIED. I really don't know what to do at this point. I cannot give you logs because something is blocking the heck of my attempts. What I need to do is at least get rid of whatever is blocking my attempts, or work around it.

Please, any help is appreciated. I'm running Windows XP.

PS: I'm using my laptop for this, for I cannot get online with the infected desktop because IE doesn't work.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users