Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My connection is very slow and im not capped

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 dog54321

dog54321

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:16 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:07 AM

Hi i have a NETGEAR Wireless Cable Modem Gateway CG814WG v3 and whenever i browse or the internet or when i play games online its very slow and it disconnects while i play games. My setup is that my modem is connected to my computer. Also i'm with Bigpond, help please.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 xXAlphaXx

xXAlphaXx

• Members
  • 867 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:16 PM

Posted 02 September 2009 - 12:08 PM

Hows your signal strength?
If I am helping you and I do not respond within 24 hours, please send me a PM. :)

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 02 September 2009 - 01:47 PM

Have you checked for Malware? Have you cleaned out your cookies and temp files? Defrag and chkdsk?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 01:59 AM

I haven't chcked for malware lately and havent defraged and chkdsk lately. Ill do so but at the moment it seems abit faster. Im not sure why but my internet can really be dodgy. Its sometimes slow and sometimes fast..

#5 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 07:54 AM

I am assuming that since you stated you aren't capped that you have called your ISP and gotten the normal "Its not us its you" line? lol

This post is a good place to start. Its got a good check list with some guides near the bottom.

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#6 dog54321

dog54321
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 77 posts
  •  

Posted 03 September 2009 - 04:54 PM

I haven't called my ISP because like when i call them they want to talk to the account holder and its my mum and she would be like why are u calling them and stuff. So im tryna figure this on my own. My internet is quite back up to speed but sometimes it can be really slow.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users