Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Hello and thank you all for all for Combofix.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 mcwhirt

mcwhirt

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:39 AM

I would like to thank you all for the ComboFix solution over the years. But I have bad news for you. A friend of mine just showed up with a computer loaded with numerous worms and virus's identified by Avast and SpyBot. I tried multiple times to run ComboFix, before reboot, after reboot, before deletion of bad files, after deletion of bad files, the net result is that the latest worm deletes ComboFix on execution. ComboFix is now worthless.

Best regards,
JLM

Edit: Moved topic from Introductions to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 harrythook

harrythook

• Security Colleague
  • 4,152 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:08 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 04:58 AM

Hey JLM,
your friend has gotten bit by a virus that disables a lot of things including Combofix. There is work in progress on methods to remove this problem, and if you look around the site you will see the fix when it comes out.

Running Combofix on your own, without instructions from someone trained in the use of the tool might lead to problems. Please read the disclamers.

Veni Vidi Vici
THE FIGHT AGAINST MALWARE

Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users