Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

CLMLSvc

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 bhardini

bhardini

• Members
  • 13 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 12:06 AM

CLMLSvc eating a lot of memory up on my puputer! cant really find any credible info on the program other than vendors trying to sell me crap. anyone know what this programs' function is and if i should remove it?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 exile360

exile360

• Members
  • 100 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:27 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 02:07 AM

Greetings :huh:

It's the CyberLink MediaLibray Service. It's sort of an indexing service for multimedia files, like Videos and Music for Cyberlink's products. You can kill the service and safely set it's startup type to Disabled in the Services control panel.

To do so:
  • Click on the Start Orb and type services.msc and press Enter
  • Click Continue at the User Account Control prompt
  • Once the Services window opens, scroll down the list until you find the Cyberlink MediaLibrary Service and double click on it
  • Click the Stop button to stop the service from running, then click the drop down menu next to Startup Type and select Disabled
  • Click the Apply button and click on Ok
  • Close the Services control panel

Edited by exile360, 31 August 2009 - 02:07 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users