Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

mscorsvw.exe Process Reboots Computer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Knock

Knock

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 11:34 PM

Hello, I just updated my Windows XP OS to Service Pack 3. Don't know what has happened, but when mscorsvw.exe starts to run (observed in Windows Task Manager / Processes) about 10-15 minutes after start-up, my computer will immediately shut down and reboot...again and again! I have now place that process in my SpyHunter's blocked items list and the computer seems to be running fine now. Any thoughts on what may have happened? Or what now happens (or doesn't happen!) with that process blocked? SpyHunter says the path is C:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\mscorsvw.exe Regards, Knock

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 PM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:01 AM

If you have no software dependent on Net framework then a simple solution is to uninstall it.

Sorry, can not give you a list of dependent software. It would be very long and almost impossible to be sure of knowing\listing them all.

#3 Knock

Knock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:26 AM

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:16 AM

Thx Thunder2,

I don't know anything about Net framework dependent software. So, I'll just keep this process "blocked" for awhile and see if there is anything that doesn't run.

Knock

#4 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:18 AM

That is a very workable solution.

#5 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,748 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 07:56 AM

FWIW: My experience is that...any program/driver that requires MS.NET to work properly...will always let the user know that install of such is required.

I suspect that your version of Net became damaged, but that's just based on the fact that many programs/functions which have previously worked properly...malperform only when key files may have become damaged.

More data on the file in question: http://blogs.msdn.com/davidnotario/archive.../27/412838.aspx

Louis

#6 ThunderZ

ThunderZ

• Deactivated
  • 4,454 posts
  •  

Posted 31 August 2009 - 09:13 AM

FWIW: My experience is that...any program/driver that requires MS.NET to work properly...will always let the user know that install of such is required.

That is true. But only if it is not already installed.

If the OP has Windows updates set to auto and has d\l`d and installed all of them then he has it whether he need`s it or not. I would hesitate to just uninstall it since we do not know if any of his installed programs require it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users