Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Total Security Spyware Infection - can't remove it

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kayeLee

kayeLee

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:05 PM

I have a dell dimension 4600 desktop computer running Windows XP. It have become infected with two new programs that I did not download. Total security 2009 and PC_Antispyware 2010. I can not get access to any programs to help remove this program. It has enabled a firewall so that I can not use internet explorer or Firefox. I have the Windows Defender on disk to load but I can not get to safe mode to do this. Does anyone have any suggestions?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 Blade

Blade

Strong in the Bleepforce

• Site Admin
  • 12,701 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:41 PM

Posted 30 August 2009 - 09:17 PM

Hello kayeLee and :thumbsup: to BleepingComputer.

Since you can't use your web browsers on the infected machine you should use a flash drive or CD to move requested downloads to the infected machine, and to move requested logs back to your clean computer so that you may post them here.

Please install RootRepeal
Note: Vista users ,, right click on desktop icon and select "Run as Administrator."Disconnect from the Internet or physically unplug your Internet cable connection.
Close all open programs, scheduling/updating tasks and background processes that might activate during the scan including the screensaver.
Temporarily disable your anti-virus and real-time anti-spyware protection.
After starting the scan, do not use the computer until the scan has completed.
When finished, re-enable your anti-virus/anti-malware (or reboot) and then you can reconnect to the Internet.
  • Extract RootRepeal.exe from the zip archive.
  • Open Posted Image on your desktop.
  • Click the "Drivers" tab, and then click the Posted Image button.
  • Allow RootRepeal to run a scan of your system. This may take some time.
  • Once the scan completes, push the Posted Image button. Save the log to your desktop, using a distinctive name, such as RootRepeal.txt. Include this report in your next reply, please.
~Blade

In your next reply, please include the following:
RootRepeal log

Posted Image

If I am helping you, it has been 48 hours since your last post, and I have yet to reply to your topic, please send me a PM
Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook
Follow us on Twitter!
Circle us on Google+

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users